POOL DRAIN AND CLEAN – ACID AND PRESSURE WASH
Also called a drain & clean, an acid wash becomes necessary if the pool has turned into the “black lagoon”. This may occur if the winterizing process is not done properly, or if the pool has been stagnant for a period of time so that algae has taken over. If you notice scaly, amphibian creatures splashing around the outback, it’s probably time to drain & clean.
Our general rule of thumb for determining the need for an acid wash is: if you can see the bottom of the pool (the floor) then you can bring it back with chemicals, labor, and filtering. If the floor is not visible, the cost of the chemicals and labor will generally be greater than the acid wash charge and take much, much longer. Also, extensive algae blooms will stain plastered pools, making an acid wash desirable.
An acid wash is a procedure done on a plaster or pebble tec pool to remove a very thin layer of the surface in order to remove calcium deposits and stubborn stains.
You may also decide on an acid wash, not because of swamp conditions, but just to bring out a brighter, whiter finish. Mineral stains and/or deposits, chlorine stains, even dirt stains…an acid wash is always a dramatic aesthetic improvement.
Starts at $700
- Pool drain
- Clean the interior and pressure wash the pool basin
- Entire pool interior will be washed with a calculated mix of Muriatic Acid and water
- Pressure wash the pool basin again
- All pool interior fittings and plaster will be inspected
- Waste discharged according to regulations
- Refill the pool from customer’s house water. (Customer is responsible to turn off the water at the proper level.) or water can be delivered with trucks, for an additional cost of $350 per 5,000 Gal.
- Pool filtration system prime and water chemical balance – add $100
NOTE: Add 150$ for a SPA drain and clean.
NOTE: Pressure wash / Acid wash services are not always available. Please contact the office to confirm availability.